13175 Fountain Park Drive, Apt A129
Playa Vista, CA 90094
phone: (310) 923 4383
Summary of Skills
Operating Systems : Comprehensive knowledge of Linux, OS-X and Windows.
Semantic Web Development : RDF/RDFS, OWL, Protege, Jena
USC Information Sciences Institute
Marina Del Rey, California 90292
- WINGS: Wings is a workflow system that assists scientists with the design of large-scale computational experiments. It reasons about dataset and component constraints to create and validate workflows and to generate metadata for new data products.
- BEAMER: This project aims to assist users by mapping to-dos into capabilities of agents or services that could carry out the task that the user intends. As a part of this project, we have also created two Facebook ToDo-List applications to collect user data in a social environment.
- Older Projects : Projects in which I am not actively involved due to their completion include TAILOR, TRELLIS, CAT, Learner, IKRAFT(Perl-CGI), KANAL (Lisp/XSL), SLICK (XML/XSL) and DOCKER(Perl-CGI, SOAP/WSDL).
- List of Projects of the IKCAP Group at ISI
- Expressive Reusable Workflow Templates, Yolanda Gil, Paul Groth, Varun Ratnakar, Christian Fritz. In To appear in Proceedings of the Fifth IEEE International Conference on e-Science, 2009
- Workflow Matching Using Semantic Metadata, Yolanda Gil, Jihie Kim, Yolanda Gil, Gonzalo Florez, Varun Ratnakar, Pedro A. Gonzalez Calero. In Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Knowledge Capture (K-CAP), 2009
- Automating To-Do Lists for Users: Interpretation of To-Dos for Selecting and Tasking Agents, Yolanda Vil, Varun Ratnakar. AAAI 2008: 765-771
- Provenance Trails in the Wings/Pegasus Workflow System, Jihie Kim, Ewa Deelman, Yolanda Gil, Gaurang Mehta, Varun Ratnakar. In Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Special Issue on the First Provenance Challenge, Vol 20, Issue 5, April 2008
- User Interfaces with Semi-Formal Representations: a Study of Designing Argumentation Structures, Timothy Chklovski, Varun Ratnakar, Yolanda Gil. In Proceedings of Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI05). 2005, San Diego
- Trusting Information Sources One Citizen at a Time, Yolanda Gil, Varun Ratnakar. In Proceedings of the First International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), Sardinia, Italy, June 2002 : 162-176
- Comparison of (Semantic) Markup Languages, Varun Ratnakar, Yolanda Gil. In Proceedings of the 15th International FLAIRS Conference, Special Track on Semantic Web, Pensacola, FL, May 2002.
- List of Publications @ DBLP
Aug 2000-Dec 2001
in EE (Computer Networks)
University of Southern California
Computer Communications, Operating Systems, Advanced Operating Systems,
Queuing Theory, Real Time Computing Systems, Broadband Networks Architecture,
Computer Systems Architecture, Database Systems, Digital Image Processing.
- Developed OS modules for Nachos, an Educational Operating system (C++)
- Developed a DBMS from scratch (C++) for the Database Systems course
- Real-Time scheduling Algorithms implementation (VC++)
- Image Processing algorithms implementation (C++)
Aug 1995-Jun 1999
in Electronics and Communications
Delhi College of Engineering
Aggregate Score - 78.5%
- Speech Quality Analyser using Neural networks (VC++)