13th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence
in Education (AIED 2007) is in an ongoing series of
biennial international conferences for top quality research
in cognitive science and intelligent systems for educational
computing applications. The conference thus provides
opportunities for the cross-fertilization of information
and ideas from researchers in the many fields that make
up this interdisciplinary research area, including:
artificial intelligence, other areas of computer science,
cognitive science, education, learning sciences, educational
technology, psychology, philosophy, sociology, anthropology,
linguistics, and the many domain-specific areas for
which AIED systems have been designed and built.
AIED-07 is being actively planned; below we give a summary
of important information to date.
- Reception on Wednesday
The Harbor House restaurant (upstairs)
The restaurant is located across the street from the Marriott.
Reception starts at 6pm (with special surprise entertainment at 6:30).
Hors doeuvres will be served and a cash bar available.
Poster assignments are now available.
All posters should have a maximum size of:
horizontal dimension of 36" (91 cm)
vertical dimension of 60" (152 cm)
will provide foam boards that will be sitting on the tables and leaned against
the wall. The boards can sit either horizontal or vertical.
- Hotel reservation:
We have reserved an additional room block for the night of July 13 at the Los
Angeles Airport Marriott. However, Marriot may not apply the discount
rate for that night. Please contact John Stallings (firstname.lastname@example.org) for reserving for Friday 13th.
- Conference Program
- Start off the conference with a bang by signing up for a 3-hour ride around the world's largest human-made marina right near the conference hotel! The ride will include a live D.J., all-you-can-eat appetizer buffet, complimentary soft drinks, and a cash bar. Appetizers will include a Gourmet cheese selection, crackers, chicken wings, exotic vegetables, and meatballs. In addition, some local southern California wines will be available at the cash bar. If weather permits, we will also take a ride out onto the ocean to the Santa Monica pier and back. Boarding will commence at 7:00pm on Tuesday, July 10 and we will return to port by 10:00pm.
The cost is $42/person.
For more information, please visit: http://www.crownpacificcruises.com
The technical program focuses on research linking theory
and technology from artificial intelligence, cognitive
science, and computer science with theory and practice
from education and social science. Areas of interest
include, but are not limited to:
• Socially informed design: Social dimensions
of learning. Social-historical-cultural contexts. Learning
and identity. Motivation and engagement in learning.
Informal learning environments.
• Collaborative and group learning: Group learning
environments. Networked learning communities. Analysis
and modeling of group interactions. Design principles
for collaborative learning environments. Communities
of learners. Communities of practice.
• Learning systems platforms and architectures:
Web based learning platforms. Metadata standards for
learning objects and materials. Document management
for learning applications. Authoring tools and assessment
• Modeling and representation: Models of learners,
facilitators, tasks and problem-solving processes. Knowledge
representation and ontologies. Discourse representation
• Intelligent tutoring and scaffolding: Adaptive
environments (web-based and others). Pedagogical agents.
Cognitive diagnosis. Instructional planning. Motivational
diagnosis and feedback. Data mining and machine learning.
• Interaction design and novel interfaces: Ubiquitous
computing/mixed reality learning environments. Virtual
and 3D learning and training environments. Multi-modal
interfaces for learning. Educational multimedia systems.
• Special application fields: Language learning.
Mathematics and science education. Industrial, medical
and other applications.
• Methods, tools and techniques for effective
evaluation of cognitive, meta-cognitive and affective
• The design and modeling of learning contexts
and their impact on learning. The development of systems
that encompass multiple learning contexts, including
mobile learning applications