Re: Callback function instead of trace-file?

> I'm simulating the behaviour (error recovery, congestion control) of
> different multicast protocols (at least SRM and MFTP) in a fictive
> large-scale network in which lots of fictive TCP-connections run. To see
> for example how much the TCP-connections suffer from MFTP, I must observe
> the packet loss on the various links and seperate it into TCP-connections
> and MFTP (e.g. with the help of different flow_id's). Or I want to observe
> potential NAK-implosions with MFTP, i.e. look at every dropped packet from
> where it has came.
> Further, I want to trace a repair-packet and see over which links it
> travels in order to determine the network utilization by this particular
> packet.
>
> I'd need a custom-callback-event-handler to further evaluate a packet loss
> or to trace a packet on it's way through the net.

One thing you should look at is the 'flow monitor'.  It is able to
keep per-flow statistics which I think you will find useful.  One
of these things can be associated with a particular link and will
keep arrival/departure/drop byte+packet counts on a per-flow basis.
If you need to introduce additional code to do things upon these
events you could modify the in/out/drop procedures there to do what
you like.

- K