[ns2] How can I stop the simulator?

Hi everybody,

I need a means to stop the simulator even though there are still events
scheduled. I want the simulator to RETURN from the command "$ns run" rather
than having a callback-function like "finish" launched. In my case it would
be perfectly fine to do a "$ns halt" from within a callback-function, and
expected the simulator to terminate after the callback-function returns.
But "halt" is not a documented feature and it doesn't work for me ("Unable
to dispatch method halt").

     Any suggestions?

   TX,

     -Chris.