Problems with running 'ns'...

Hello,

I recently installed the Network Simulator. Every thing
went fine including the installation of the required
versions of Tcl, Tk, OTcl etc and ns itself. But when
I tried to run the test program such as:
./ns test-suite.tcl tahoe1

 I get the error message : ns: can't load library libotcl.so
When I checked whether the library is in /usr/local/lib
it was there. Is there any other location it ns would check.
Is it possible to make it to look at /usr/local/lib ?
Kindly let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

with regards,
-swami