Re: tutorial,wireless nodes

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:57:08 EST, Amy N Bonsall wrote:
>unix8.andrew.cmu.edu% ./ns EXample
>can't read "ns_o2": no such variable
>    while executing
>"set ns[new Simulator]"
>    (file "EXample" line 1)
>
>Does anyone have suggestions on places I can look for help on errors?
>Also, are there more examples around?  The user's guide and
>documentation give the details, but I'm very hazy on how to put them
>together.

There are lots of examples in the tcl/ex directory in ns.  In fact, a
very good way to learn ns is to find an example that does what you
want and modify it.  A good way to fix errors is to find an example
that's close to your code make your code look closer to it until it
works.

I think if you grep for "new Simulator" in the tcl/ex directory and
(carefully!) compare the command in an example to your program
you'll be back on track quickly.

   -John Heidemann