Re: HELP: test-suits don't work!

Dan

I ran into this kind of problem before. The makefile of ns needs to generate
some files using tclsh from some tcl files. Either the makefile can not
find tclsh or the version of tclsh is not correct. In the first case,
of course you need to check the PATH. Furthermore  you can look at the output
of make carefully, you may find that make complains that it can not find tclsh.
In the latter case, you have to get the newest tcl.

Hope it helps

> Hi, Folks.
>
> I had ns installed but it doesn't pass test-all. The error is about
> Invalid command name "Simulator". I grep'ed and found no definition of
> Simulator. I re-unpacked the ns-2.0 package and diff'ed. The only
> change I made to the ns source tree is "TclCL_VERS" from 1.0b3 to 1.0b4
> in file "configure".
>
> "Simulator" seems the main class of the whole package. What could go wrong
> with it? Or with some utilities in my Linux-2.0.27 system. I installed
> every component listed in ns-2 website, tcl7.6/tk4.2, otcl0.96,
> tclcl1.0b4, etc.. But none of the patches.
>
> Your insight is highly apprciated! The actual print out:
> ~/ns> ./ns test-suite.tcl tahoe1
> invalid command name "Simulator"
>     while executing
> "Simulator create _o2 "
>     invoked from within
> "if [catch "$className create $o $args" msg] {
> if [string match "__FAILED_SHADOW_OBJECT_" $msg] {
> delete $o
> return ""
> }
> global errorInfo
> error "class $ ..."
>     (procedure "new" line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "new Simulator"
>     invoked from within
> "set ns_ [new Simulator]..."
>     (procedure "_o1" line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "$self next"
>     (procedure "_o1" line 6)
>     invoked from within
> "_o1 init {}"
>     invoked from within
> "Test/tahoe1 create _o1 {}"
>     invoked from within
> "if [catch "$className create $o $args" msg] {
> if [string match "__FAILED_SHADOW_OBJECT_" $msg] {
> delete $o
> return ""
> }
> global errorInfo
> error "class $ ..."
>     (procedure "new" line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "new Test/$test $topo"
>     invoked from within
> "set t [new Test/$test $topo]..."
>     (procedure "TestSuite" line 22)
>     invoked from within
> "TestSuite runTest"
>     (file "test-suite.tcl" line 1092)
>
> Thank you so much!
> Dan

--Shaogang

Web: http://yake.ecn.purdue.edu/~shaogang          Purdue University
Office:  MSEE 292  Phone: (765) 494-0434           W. Lafayette, IN 47907