[Q] simulation via ns

Dear all,

I simulated my retransmission algorithm via ns based on SRM with
variable topologies, number of nodes, value of delay net, and packet
size. I have thought how many times I simulated is not important in ns,
but my advisor told me I'd better acquire the results from more than 500
times running my program. I think it is very silly question, but I'd
like to know if it is necessary. He said that I can get trusted results
only if I make my results by selecting my data among the large amount of
simulation results with following a statistical distribution such as
poisson distribution. Actually, I don't know such a mathematical concept
well. I just thought ns provide such thing already.
Please let me know how much ns provides such function. In addition, I'd
like to know the meaning of ns run time. I mean how I can decide trusted
run time for a algorithm.
Thanks in advances.
eunsook
([email protected])