Re: Installation of NS2 on SCO free OpenServer 5.0.2/4

Kannan,

Thank you for your responce to my problem. Eventually I solved it,
and have some interesting details of my investigation.

ns2.0    IS   NOT   compatible with SCO OpenServer 5.0.2   BUT ....

ns2.1.b1   IS compatible with SCO OpenServer 5.0.2.

Explanations.
With the same libraries (tcl7.6, tk4.2, otcl0.96, tclcl1.b3) no matter
what compiler I use (native SCO cc or GNU gcc2.7.2.1)
 I had ns2.0 ALWAYS FAIL (the error I described in previos message)
with STATIC or SHARED versions of these libraries.

To my big relief ns2.1b1 did not produce that error (I was using all of the
libraries above),
 and validate produced a message:

"all tests passed"

I also tried ns2.1.b1 with tcl/tk8.0p1 and otcl, tclcl built using
tcl/tk8.0p1
ns2.1.b1 failed creating core file.
I think the problem now is not ns, but tcl/tk8.0p1.
I will investigate it more later when more stable release of tcl/tk come
out.

Ihor.