MFTP port to ns-2

Hello ns-2 developer team,

you said that you are glad about ports of existing multicast protocols to ns-2.
I've ported the core of MFTP's file transfer phase ("Multicast File Transfer
Protocol"). Also implemented is the erasure correction enhancement that
I have been talking of at the IRTF-meeting in Cannes. Don't think my sources
are stable enough for a permanent integration it into ns-2, but they could
well yield an optional an extension package.

For the extension package, I'd need the following from your ns-developers:

(1) a payload-type "PT_MFTP" in file "trace.h", which could be permanently
assigned (i.e. even be defined if the extension package is not used).

(2) an entry "{ MFTP off_mftp_}" in the foreach-loop of "Simulator instproc
create_packetformat" in file ns-packet.tcl, which again could be installed
permanently assigned.

(3) 4 instructions:
      source ../mcast/mftp.tcl
      source ../mcast/mftp_snd.tcl
      source ../mcast/mftp_rcv.tcl
      source ../mcast/mftp_rcv_stat.tcl
    in file ns-lib.tcl (which must only be added manually if the
    MFTP-package is used).

(4) 4 entries in Makefile.in (OBJ_CC:)
      mftp.o \
      mftp_snd.o \
      mftp_rcv.o \
      codeword.o
    Again, these four lines should not be present unless MFTP is used.

There is further info (incl. demo script and tracefile) available under
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~chris/Thesis/mftp/mftp_readme.html

Do you have any suggestions on how to seamlessly integrate the extension package on demand into ns-2?

     -Chris.