Installation of ns-2.1b1

Dear ns-users,

I still have problems with ns-2.1b1. I have installed it without any
assignment to V_STATIC, that is, in the Makefile the line is:

STATIC=

With this option, it didn't need any dynamic loading library, and produced
the executable file: ns. But when I run ./ns test-suite.tcl tahoe1, I
obtain the following:

>> invalid command name "Simulator"
>>     while executing
>> "Simulator create _o2 "
>>     invoked from within
>> "if [catch "$className create $o $args" msg] {
>> if [string match "__FAILED_SHADOW_OBJECT_" $msg] {
>> delete $o
>> return ""
>> }
>> global errorInfo
>> error "class $ ..."
>>     (procedure "new" line 3)
>>     invoked from within
>> "new Simulator"
>>     invoked from within
>> "set ns_ [new Simulator]..."
>>     (procedure "_o1" line 3)
>>     invoked from within
>> "$self next"
>>     (procedure "_o1" line 6)
>>     invoked from within
>> "_o1 init {}"
>>     invoked from within
>> "Test/tahoe1 create _o1 {}"
>>     invoked from within
>> "if [catch "$className create $o $args" msg] {
>> if [string match "__FAILED_SHADOW_OBJECT_" $msg] {
>> delete $o
>> return ""
>> }
>> global errorInfo
>> error "class $ ..."
>>     (procedure "new" line 3)
>>     invoked from within
>> "new Test/$test $topo"
>>     invoked from within
>> "set t [new Test/$test $topo]..."
>>     (procedure "TestSuite" line 40)
>>     invoked from within
>> "TestSuite runTest"
>>     (file "test-suite.tcl" line 1115)

Also, with the following:

>> % set ns [new Simulator]
>> class Simulator: constructor failed

I will be grateful if you can help me.. Is there a possibility that these
errors occur because of the unfound "-ldl", which I have mentioned in my
previous mail?

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,

Deniz GURKAN