Re: help needed : ns cannot run or pass verification test

Excerpts from mail: 18-Dec-97 help needed : ns cannot run.. by Cheng Lin
[email protected]
> I am new to ns.  I have installed the relevant packages like Tcl/Tk,
> otcl, TclCL, and perl.  Then i installed ns2.1b1.
> After doing some slight modifications to some of the files in ns due to
> compilation error when i use make(eg. random, bzero, duplicate
> declaration for default parameters, removing the "STATIC=-Bstatic"
> statement in Makefile), i managed to build ns without error.
>
> However, when i run the verification test
> ./ns test-suite tahoe1, the following error was reported :
>
> ld.so.1: ./ns: fatal: libotcl.so: can't open file: errno=2
> Killed

You have to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to see all the directorys to
libstuff.so files.  Pretty much each program should have one, e.g.
    libotcl.so.  You just have to find them and then set your path...

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH firstpath
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "secondpath:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"