Re: TclObject vs. NsObject

huan
 	A more focused answer could be given if the purpose of your question is
known. Here is something in brief that might help.
 TclObject class is the root class for all the other classes in both the
interpreted hierarchies (Tcl/Otc part) and the compiled hierarchies (C++
Part). NsObject class is a subclass to TclObject class but superclass to
all other class objects in the compiled hierarchy. It is implemented with
the basic functions like the ::recv, ::command etc., while the TclObject
class stores all the interface bindings for the variables that need to be
reflected in OTcl and C++ hierarchies.

kedar

ps: I'm not very familiar with nsV1 but I think in ns1, NsObject carried
the interface bindings etc. but when ns-developers decided to have a
substantial OTcl-C++ interaction these functions are moved to TclObject
class. Experts of nsv1 can elaborate this.