Re: Max number of nodes

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Sara Trabucchi wrote:

> Hi,
>  is there a maximum number of nodes that we can instantiate in a
> simulation?
> For example, if I consider a network topology of 22 nodes I don't have
> any problem; nevertheless, if I add 4 other nodes ( in total 26
> nodes) my simulation program doesn't start. My workstation is an Ultra
> Sparc 5.
> What could it depend on?

With the default setup, you could have up to 2^8 nodes and if this number
is exceeded, there should be an error message (or some sort of warning).

"Simulation program doesn't start" is weird.  Did you mean it started but
got terminated somehow (most likely due to segmentation fault)? If yes,
there's a chance you might not have enough memory for your simulation.

-Polly