Re: Trouble with validate test

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:15:53 EST, Haibin Wang wrote:
>Hello, friends of ns-2:
>
>While I have installed ns-2 on my freebsd machine, when I try to run the
>validate script, it met the same problem you showed on the web page --
>perl5. I am not clear about what you mean by that, that is ns-2 's
>configure or perl5's configure doesn't work well?
>
>Another strange problem is that while the first time I run ./validate ,
>it doesn't show such problems, but ever since the second time, all tests
>show this. I didn't understand the reason.

Ns's validate needs perl5 to pass.

The problem mentioned on the web page is with ns's configure being
satisifed with perl 4.  I've updated the web page to make this
clearer.

If configure is passing for you, I'd be interested to know why.
Maybe we can take that discussion to private e-mail (I'll summarize to
ns-users if necessary).

   -John Heidemann