Re: Create a graphical representation of link utilization

Hi Pedro!

I think that obtaining a specific tracing in ns is quite obscure and hard.
Ns-man is not up to date and Notes&Documentation is not really clear about
this. If you want you could use trace-queue at your end-link: this will
give you a trace file with all the link events (trace-queue traces links
more than queues); an 'r' event means that the packet has been received at
the end-node of that link, viz. at your destination node.

source node -> ni ->.......-> nj -----------------> destination node

^^^trace this link

But if you want something like bandwidth, a good solution is to use a ad
hoc procedure and xgraph, such as 'record' in Greis'Tutorial example
(what's your problem with it?). In alternative I use awk and matlab to post
process the trace files to obtain several data.

Max

--
Massimo Pegorer, student
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informatica