RE: Warning: error in "ns Notes and Documentation"

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Haobo Yu wrote:

> The online ns notes is compatible with ns _snapshot_, it may not exactly
> match the last stable version. It would be a good idea to include a matching
> ns note in every release.

It is now (~ns/doc) but the number of people who can utilise tex is
quite small. Archiving the postscript version in the ftp tree at every
release is probably a good idea.

Vincent Pla wrote:

> > I'm using the  most recent release, ns-2.1b5 (released 16-Mar-99)
> > which I thought was the most recent stable version, and therefore
> > the one described on the documentation. In addition this is the
> > version you get if you download the allinone package.

In my experience the snapshots the week after a release are better, as
the release generates feedback from a wider variety of environments,
particularly Windows.

L.