Re: RLM

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Sunil K Rao wrote:

> I am having some trouble setting up the correct version of ns and
> the correct tcl versions to run the RLM ns simulation scripts:
> http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~mccanne/phd-work/contents.html
> Does anyone have the correct version of ns and the accompanying
> tcl versions that work with these scripts?

McCanne's page says 2.0a5 is required, but the provided URL is broken;
2.0a5 is available in:

ftp://mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/vint/
(I wouldn't use the web server as a primary source of downloads)

2.0a5 require tclcl 1.0a4, available in the dist directory. Should
work with otcl 1.0a1, also available there; I'd suggest building with
Tcl/Tk 7.4 or later.

> Alternatively, could
> someone suggest what changes need to be made to the scripts when
> one uses the latest version of ns? (2.1b5)

that's the latest Official Beta Release; latest version would be a cvs
snapshot.

L.