Re: Performance of NS

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Wei Tsang Ooi wrote:

> Is anyone working on improving the performance of ns ?

well, not the people writing stuff like:

for(unsigned int i = 0; i < sizeof(value) / sizeof(unsigned long);
++i) {
(codeword.cc)

or

for (int i = 0 ; i < (tcp_now - T_last)/rto; i ++) {
(tcp.cc)                                      ^?

There are quite a few places where stuff being computed every time
round a for loop (class stuff, yet) could be precomputed and assigned
to a temporary variable - but this observation is trivial compared
to enormity of the OTcl routing overhead.

L.

wants working fast multipath and cost routing in C++, and hasn't the
foggiest how to code it.