[ns] sundry quick questions.

1) I'm a little puzzled by

void SatRouteAgent::recv (Packet * p, Handler *)
void SatRouteAgent::recv (Packet * p, Handler *)

Is that equivalent to
Packet *p
or to
Packet* p ? Or to something else?

2) There's something fundamental I don't understand about
variable binding.

I've modified the ns satellite code to set up some per-terminal bound
variables for elevation angle etc, rather than the global values
declared in the handoff code.

I eventually found I can control these via

Position/Sat/Term set elevation_mask_ 30
set n288 [$ns satnode-terminal -1 -78]; # Quito

to set a specific value for that node, but the seemingly equivalent:

set n288 [$ns satnode-terminal -1 -78]; # Quito
$n288 set elevation_mask_ 30

doesn't work; the bound variables aren't acting in a
particularly bound fashion.

I see the latter form isn't used anywhere related to nodes, although
it's very common in agents with e.g.

$tcp0 set cwnd_ 30

etc. What am I missing in the binding (on the OTcl side, or in node
creation)? This stuff works naturally for every $agent I can think of,
but I can't seem to recreate the effect for bound variables in node
objects.

thanks,

L.