Re: [ns] throughput in TCP Vegas

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Michele R. wrote:

> if I have a sender node where I attach a tcp/vegas agent and I
> connect it by some router nodes to another node where there is
> attached a tcpSink,how can I count the bytes that my tcpSink
> receive to calculate its throughput by num_bytes_received / time?

increase a counter with your own recvBytes() method in TcpSink,
replacing any dummy method that's already there. I'm lazy and I only
had one sink, so I just stuck a printf in that instead to give bytes
received by the application; captured the output, generated a
cumulative... and posted the diffs to this list.

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/0003/0069.html

you might want to create a bound variable instead; this is a common
enough query that a standard way of doing it would be good. All the
TCP niceties are at the sender side...

L.