[ns] measuring average # hops in DSR source routes

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the average number of hops per source route
(over all routes ever created during the simulation lifetime given some
set of sending nodes and their receiving partners). My current strategy is
in dsr/dsragent.cc in acceptRouteReply(...) to print to stdout the length
of the particular route. I then capture all of this output in a text file
and then calculate average in obvious way of TotalHops/NumRoutes. Does
anybody know if acceptRouteReply(...) is the correct place to insert such
a hop-count, or of an easier way than I what I'm doing?

Thanks,
Jake