[ns] nam - windows NT

Hi,

I tried to start nam on Windows NT, but it always failes with the error
message below. I use NT 4.0, service pack 6. The error message
occurs with ALL available versions of nam.

Other users posted the same question in the ns-mailing list - but there
was no answer so far!

nam: nam_init "" : couldn't open "{e:/programme/gnu/wincvs
1.1}/.nam-port": no s
uch file or directory
    while executing
"open $PORT_FILE_ w 0600"
    (procedure "_o2" line 20)
    (AnimControl start-server line 20)
    invoked from within
"$self start-server"
    (procedure "_o2" line 3)
    (AnimControl local-create-animator line 3)
    invoked from within
"$self local-create-animator $trace_file [join $args]"
    (procedure "_o2" line 17)
    (AnimControl init line 17)
    invoked from within
"_o2 init {} {}"
    (Class create line 1)
    invoked from within
"AnimControl create _o2 {} {}"
    invoked from within
"catch "$className create $o $args" msg"
    (procedure "new" line 3)
    invoked from within
"new AnimControl $trace_file $args"
    (procedure "nam_init" line 2)
    invoked from within
"nam_init "" "

What can I do? I do not know where to get the file
.nam-port (it is not included in any of the zip-archives
in http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/dist/binary/),
and I'm especially confused by the fact,
that nam searches this file in the directory
"e:/programme/gnu/wincvs 1.1". I have absolutely no
idea what this directory has to do with nam (I put
the nam.exe into "e:/ns2/").

--
Andreas Schorr