Re: [ns] Lan

> There is no support for switched LAN in ns directly.

well, what's a switch, what's a router...

> -alefiya
>
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Thomas Kuborn wrote:
>
> > Ok thx all for your help, I eventually solved my problem...It appears nam
> > wont run if you dont give it some information I thought was unnecessary ...
> > Like you cant just make-lan, you need to create some agents (udp for me).

no joke...

> > Well now the lan is working I was wondering if there was a way to tell ns to
> > use switched lan and not shared lan ??

picture this :

set switch [$ns node]
set n1 [$ns node]
set nk [$ns node]

$ns make-lan "$switch $n1" ...
$ns make-lan "$switch $nk" ...

Now you have a switched LAN (with a L2-3 switch...)

You can also use my package if you want to, but you might (make that
"will") need to rewrite some of the code (it's all Tcl).