Re: [ns] static route path!

> >                            ----- node2 -----
> >                           |                 |
> >       src_node --- node1 -                   -- node4 --- dst_node
> >                           |                 |
> > 	                   ----- node3 -----
> >
> >       Given the above topology and considering that no dynamic routing
> > mechanism is used, I presume that when the agent on src_node and agent on
> > dst_node  are connected using the "$ns connect $src_agent $dst_agent"  command,
> > the route between node1 and node4 is setup (correct me if I am wrong).
> >
> > 1. If "connect" is not the command when the path is defined, please let me
> >    know when it is actually defined.
>
> when the routing table(s) is/are built. Since ns builds datagram
> networks, there's no explicit hard-state virtual-circuit path per se.
>

> > 2. In the above scenario, then what's the route chosen, through node2 or
> >    node3 ??
>
> depends. If you're setting link costs with DV routing, you can control
> the choice, or with multiPath_ even use both paths. Without that it's
> likely to depend on how the global/individual routing tables get built
> and the ordering within them, and may even come down to your ordering
> of node and link creation statements in your scripts.

Does NS take into account the bandwidth and/or delay of a connection when
it figures out the routing? (assume a simple "$ns connect $src_agent
$dst_agent"" command was given, no special routing command was given)

In more words: if node1-node3-node4 is a faster link than node1-node2-node4
will that make a difference when "$ns connect $src_agent $dst_agent" is
issued?

thanks in advance
George