[ns] http traffic over tcp

Hi everyone!

I want to study the tcp behaviour with http traffic.

For modeling http connections I'm currently using the web cache application.

My aim is to collect tcp information like cwnd sizes, queue sizes or
bandwith usage over a period of time.

With the OTcl method "start-session" the client requests some random pages
(as defined by the pagepools).
I can see web traffic between the client and the server (or cache) in nam
and in my http trace as well.

But for my tcp statistics there's no information, e.g. cwnd size is always
zero.

By using a TcpApp wrapper, I can manually send and receive data which is
of course recognized by my statistics but I don't want to tell ns every
single byte it has to transfer.

My question is:

When I use the "start-session" method, is it possible to pass the
information to tcp automatically so that I can have access
to my tcp statistics?
Or is this the wrong approach for collecting tcp information with http
traffic?

If I choose FTP as an application, everything just works fine.

Thank you in advance,

Christian