Re: [ns] Hierachical Support in Wireless only

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, S.M.Tripathi wrote:

> 	My problem is that whenever I begin to assign hierarchical
> addressess, by configuring the node address type to be so, it assumes some
> kind of interaction by wired world. Because some of the routing agents
> don't work(correctly, results give error there that there is no route)
> then(e.g., AODV) while DSR and DSDV work despite giving some
> kind of warning(No base station configured, dropping packet).

You need to take a look at the different adhoc-routing agent
implementations. For example in DSDV, DSDV_Agent::diff_subnet() checks for
packets outside its own subnet and fwds them to the base_stn. so all
pkts destined to addresses outside its own subnet is dropped in yr case,
as pkts are not cached incase route to base-stn is not known.
so you would need to add some mechanism to the adhoc routing agent for
supporting hier-routing (incase no base_stn nodes are available).

--Padma.

> 	 I want to inhibit this behaviour. I don't want to touch that
> part concerned with mobile-ip kind of thing, can you tell me how can I
> avoid it. I will be really grateful.
>
> Shailendra

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar