[ns] MAC protocol design, Wireless Trace Files, Wireless BW changing

Looking through the posts I see that you have contributed a little to the list regarding MAC protocol simulation. I am doing a project regarding MAC protocol design and wonder whether you can point me in the right direction as to how to simulate existing MAC protocols and then how to go about simulating a new MAC protocol. How could I break down the trace files etc to show me exactly what the MAC protocol is doing and what would you reccommend simulating. I am at a little but of a los at the moment and would appreciate any help

Is there any doncumentation anywhere that will tell me how to decipher the trace files and how to go about designing a new MAC protocol simulation. I am using the wired with wireless scenario and would also like to know whether you can turn off the ad hoc routing between the wireless nodes so that I can only have the communication using the base stations and the wireless nodes. I cannot get my head around how to do this.

I would also like to be able to change the frequency and the bandwidth of the wireless medium into the optical range but am not sure how to change the bw. I have seen that you can change the frequency on te physical layer but am unsure whether changing the bw here changes the bw of the system.

How can I see the collisions and throughput and end to end delay of the system as the wireless trace files are very hard to understand.

Any help would be appreciated as I am completely at a loss.

Also, have you got any idea where there is an updated example file for the mobile IP tcl script in the Marc Greiss tutorial file

Richard J Woffinden