Re: [ns] problem in running simple-wireless example in ns-2.1b7a

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Li Yang wrote:

> I encountered a problem while running the simple-wireless example from
> Marc Greis's Tutorial.
>
> After I entered "ns simple-wireless.tcl", I got the following response:
>
> "num_node is set 2
> warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
> Starting Simulation......
> NS EXITING......"

	THe reason of this warning as I understand is the
compatibility of interfaces for node-config. All you have to do is to
substitute -channelType option to -channel as in wireless-mitf.tcl.

> and then NS exited without running Nam. And I still got this response
> even if I use -channel as it prompted in the warning message.

	Look at the code: there is no nam file generated and started ;-
You can look in other examples like wireless-demo-csci694.tcl to see how
to generate .nam file. You can then run it with nam command.

> The NS that I used is  ns-2.1b7a (installed by ns-allinone-2.1b7a on
> Rd Hat Linux 6.2  and I have no problems running other non-wireless
> examples.)
>
> Is there anyone who knows what's wrong? I really appreciate your help.

Irina Gerasimov