[ns] implementation question

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a new ad hoc routing protocol for my PhD project and
urgently need your help!

The protocol is basically derived from the Agent class. So far I have
managed to implement most of the main core of the adhoc agent. Now I want to
be able to select my protocol in simulation scripts like you would do for
any other ad hoc protocol, e.g:

    $ns_ node-config -adhocRouting DSDV

I've looked everywhere but I can't find out how to do this...

At the moment I can only get the protocol working as two simple agents
attached to two nodes that are explicitly connected via a wired link - quite
useless! Also, I don't want to have to explicitly connect two adhoc agents
together for them to work.

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help me with the above.

Many thanks,
Piyush Khengar

PS. I am using ns-2.1b7 on RedHat 7.0