Re: [ns] trace analyzer

I used the attached program(s) to analyze the trace files "on the fly" and
produce various summary reports.  There are two attached, readtr2 which
does some tcp goodput calculations, and queuelog which monitors queue
behavior.  I use the tcl open command to create a pipe, which then
receives the trace data as it is generated and produces the desired
reports:

set tf [open "|./queuelog -" w]
$ns trace-all $tf

Many postings to the mailing list discuss how to use awk to produce
similar results...I prefer this method since I'm better at C/C++ than awk,
but expect the awk method is equally useful when done correctly.

Hope this helps.

George

			-George F. Riley ([email protected])

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Devendra Goyal wrote:

> Hello All,
> Has anybody developed tools to generate reports instead of analyzing
> trace? I know this can be done through cmu-trace.cc and
> I have some programs like stats.(h/cc) that work with ns version b4a or
> less, but I am looking for some help for b6 or above.
> Thanks a lot.
> DEV

anatr.tar.gz