[ns] Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:20:28 -0700

To all NSE user

We are conducting a study that requires the use of 2 NIC card on two
different IP addresses.   We want to use NSE to capture both UDP broadcast
and multicast network traffic from one NIC card passing it through a
simulated NS network (WAN or LAN) then sending the packet out the second NIC
card.  The topology ideas for the NS simulation are endless but their would
be one NIC card for input from a live network and one NIC card for output to
a live network.

Reading the NSE documentation I was led to believe that NSE had this
capability.  After a lot of work and E-mails to the NS user group it appears
this function was never tested or verified to work properly.  Well it
appears the user group is correct using two NIC card and NSE dose not work
correctly.

My question to the group is what would it take to get NSE to properly use
two NIC cards in the scenario I have mentioned above.  I believe this could
be a very useful feature of NSE for other user as well.  To those that
modify the code of NS and NSE could you please post a response on wither
this is a good feature and if so how long and what would it take to
implement this in NSE.

Thank You,
Scott Swigert
L3 Communication Link Simulation & Training
Mesa, Az