[ns] problem with ns

Hi,

I am trying to add a new adhoc routing protocol agent to ns. everything
works fine except when i try to use one particular class of mine, it
gives me following error from the tcl side :-

--- Classfier::no-slot{} default handler (tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl) ---
        _o17: no target for slot 1
        _o17 type: Classifier/Port
content dump:
classifier _o17
        0 offset
        0 shift
        2147483647 mask
        2 slots
                slot 0: _o71
                slot 255: _o6
---------- Finished standard no-slot{} default handler ----------

I am adding this new class only on the C++  side and don't want any
bindings from the tcl side. I am not doing anything with the port
classifier and don't have any agents that listen on/sending to port
no. 1. if i do not instantiate this class i am able to get it to work.

I don't understand what's the link here? I mean why should i get this
error when i am adding something totally unrelated on the C++ side. any
pointers to what might be happening.

thanks,
-parveen.