Re: [ns] multicast support for wireless nodes

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Parveen Kumar Patel wrote:

> I don't entirely agree with this. I know of at least one multicast
> implementation that has been there for a while and would be made public in
> a few days. and I personally (although i may be wrong) don't think its
> that big a task, because you don't need all that wired multicast
> code to implement wireless multicast.

Harsh was asking about multicast support for wireless nodes.

Enabling global multicast functionality by extending support for
what's already there to include use on wireless nodes is not _quite_
the same thing as getting a single instance of an ad-hoc-specific
flooding protocol working for the wireless C++ code...

imo.

L.