Re: [ns] BayFullTcp + Ftp

The integration process of BayfullTcp is very much work in progress. I
would strongly advise you to use the older version of fullTcp (already
present in ns) instead.
and BayfullTcp requires a client-server ftp model to work, among other
things.

--Padma.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Alefiya Hussain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot get BayFullTcp ( present in the latest ns snapshot) to work with
> a Ftp application. The script i used is attached.
>
> It just sends the SYN packet and then stops.
>
> Please tell me what i am configuring incorrectly.
>
> Thank you
> alefiya
>
> # A simple TCL script to observe full TCP implementation in ns.
> #
>
> set ns [new Simulator]
> set f [open out.tr w]
> $ns trace-all $f
> set nf [open out.nam w]
> $ns namtrace-all $nf
>

> set n1 [$ns node]
> set n2 [$ns node]
>
> set src [new Agent/TCP/BayFullTcp]
> set sink [new Agent/TCP/BayFullTcp]
>
> $ns duplex-link $n1 $n2 10Mb 10ms DropTail
>
> $ns attach-agent $n1 $src
> $ns attach-agent $n2 $sink
>
> $ns connect $src $sink
>
> $sink listen
>
> set ftp_src [new Application/FTP]
> $ftp_src attach-agent $src
>
> $ns at 0.5 "$ftp_src start"
> $ns at 10.0 "finish"
>

> proc finish {} {
>     global ns f nf
>     $ns flush-trace
>     close $nf
>     close $f
>     exit 0
> }
>

> $ns run

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar