RE: [ns] Collecting Congestion Statistics

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Shekhar Kshirsagar wrote re that old awk script:

> Your script helped me to get started.
> But I'm stuck with one issue.
> How do I find that "receive" event that I see in the trace file is
> associated with the Packet reaching the final destination.

Interesting question, and something that it might be useful to hack
the trace code to do. You can compare node id with a specific ID for a
flow, but if you've got a lot of traffic receivers a simpler method
(e.g. R for received at final destination) would be Quite Neat for
aggregate stats.

Involves hacking where format is called, I should
think... or you test iph->dst() matching dst_nodeaddr in
trace.cc's Trace::format(), and append a field to the end of the trace
output.

Oh hang on, those are output... the easiest way is:

+ 1 3 0 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
- 1 3 0 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
r 1.120889 3 0 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
+ 1.120889 0 1 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
- 1.120889 0 1 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
r 1.364484 0 1 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
+ 1.364484 1 4 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
- 1.364484 1 4 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0
r 1.485373 1 4 cbr 210 ------- 0 3.0 4.0 0 0

just compare the receiver in the fourth field (in this case, 4) with
the 10th (in this case, 4.0 - packet destination is agent 0 on node
4).

L.

kicking himself.