[ns] ns under Windows was Re: ns simulator

Giovanni,

your experiences with ns under Windows echo those recently recounted
on the ns-users mailing list (see the list archive).

Although I have (sensibly) never attempted to run ns under Windows, I
personally think you'd be insane to contemplate using a pre-built
Windows version of ns for anything other than teaching - research
is very likely to require modification to parts of ns (in your case,
the C++ satellite code).

None of the ns developers uses Windows heavily, and it
shows... install linux or FreeBSD on a PC, then install a current
version of ns, and go from there.

L.

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/dist/binary/
so the last time anyone built an ns snapshot under Windows was almost
a year ago, eh?