Re: [ns] infinite loop problem in AODV, both in 2.1b7a and snapshot?

> Can anyone please explain exactly what condition causes the AODV to
> run into the infinite loop? I remember a posting to this list some time
ago

I remember the AODV loop trouble as _not_ related to NS. I've heard, that
guys of a scandinavian university found AODV's potential loop, if one
station, which had a complete route before, is resetted in between and
restarts from "zero knowledge". I remember furthermore, that this has been
taken into account in the latest RFC (draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt, March 02
2001), implementing a DELETE_PERIOD timer. Each node on reboot waits now for
this period and does not respond to route packets. After this period none of
its neighbors will treat the rebooted node as active next hop.

I'm currently not sure, whether this (new) behavior is implemented in
2.1b7a.

Regards
Roland