[ns] Packet size?

Is there a simple way that I can get the packet size in C++? I need to be
able to record the size of the packet (data only).  However, when I try to
use the datalen() of the Packet object, I always get a zero.

Essentially, I would like to use CBR & VBR sources and then be able to
measure the size of the packet produced by the sources.  Any thoughts on
how I can get the actual packet size from a Packet object in C++?  Thanks

Aaron Striegel
Ph.D Candidate, Computer Engineering - Internet QoS
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Iowa State University
Webpage: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~magico