Re: [ns] An ON-OFF Markov process

Hi,

If you mean a source that generates a constant rate of traffic when
turned
on, no traffic when off, and the duration of these periods is
exponentially
distributed, you can use the Exponential On/Off. An example from the
manual shows:

set e [new Application/Traffic/Exponential]
$e set packetSize_ 210
$e set burst_time_ 500ms
# Average duration of the On state
$e set idle_time_ 500ms