[ns] Need to measure delay

Hi all,

I'm a Spanish student working on DiffServ. I have started to use NS and it seems to be quite adequate for my needs. Nam is a good tool to see whether the network you have designed is working as you thought it would. However, I need to collet statistics on packet loss, and, most important, packet delay and make comparisons among different flows. I've searched through NS manual but surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a solution for that.

I'm thinking about writing on C some kind of post-processing function for the trace files or working with macros on Excel. However I'm sure I'm not the first person who has needed to measure a delay with NS so I thought there must be some existing tools to do that.

Srihari Raghavan mentioned some usage examples to do that as an answer to a question posted by Andreas Huber. Are those examples already accessible, Shihari? Thanks a lot.

Can anybody else help me? I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who could help me, as measuring delays is a MUST for the project I'm working on.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge Manrique