Re: [ns] Goodput calculation for TCP connections...

Yes, no of packets sent between node 0 and 6 is not a goodput. However, I
think we can not use the largest sequence number of received packet to
calculate the goodput either.

The reason is that, some packets get lost when being transmitted or droped at
queue while the largest sequence number is increased each time, when there's
new packet to send, no matter if the packet is transmitted successfully or
not.

For TCP traffic, if a packet get lost and is retransmitted, it uses a new
sequence number from the previous value (IS THAT CORRECT?)

If you use largest sequence number to calculate the goodput, you will get a
value that higher than the actuall goodput.

My solution is to use the total bytes received successfully to get the
goodput.