Re: [ns] problem when running nam

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, John Mehringer wrote:

> I think you may be using an old version of nam.  The code that generates
> that error message should not be called in the latest version of nam
> because it uses Random::random() not random().

That takes me on a trip down memory lane right back to:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/1997/msg00199.html

> > random() called in ns.
    ^^^^^^^^
so this is still referring to the random() C library function, and not
Random::random(), which hasn't been deprecated since?

> > Random is not portable, please use Random::uniform() instead.
    ^^^^^^
so this is again referring to the random() C function, and not
to the Random:: class hierarchy or anything in it?

L.

wishing the code just stuck to using Random::uniform() throughout.
There's only one of that.