[ns] Is ns-allinone-2.1b8 stable?

Hi all,

I'm a Spanish student. I'm currently using ns-allinone-2.b7 on Linux Red Hat 6. I'm working on a project on DiffServ so I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to version 8. However, I've seen many mails reporting problems when compiling the new version, some of them on Linux Red Hat.

So, what is your advice? Do you think I should upgrade to version 8 or wait for a more stable version? Can I make version 8 work on my machine or it just won't work? If it works with some arrangements, could someone tell me what are the changes and the exact steps I should follow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm not an expert on Linux.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Jorge