Re: [ns] What is a patch file?

>Hi:
>I'm using ns-2.1b7 on redhat7. When I want to compile, I face this
>problem:
>random.cc:51:extraneous 'int' ignored
>random.cc: In function 'int random()' :
>random.cc:51 declaration of 'int random()' throws different exceptions
>user/include/stdlib.h:339:than previous declaration 'int random
>() throw'
>make: *** [random.o] Error 1
> I found a patch file for a somehow similar case in the web site but
>actually I don't know if this patchfile  will solve my problem and Also
>I don't know how to use a patch file.
>Thanks.

About patch files please read ALL of the web page you
were looking at.  Particularly the entry:

	Problem: To fix another problem it says to "apply a patch
	file". What's that? How do I do that?

However, the simplest fix is probably for you to try out the new 2.1b8
release that already includes this patch.

   -John Heidemann