Re: [ns] Vegas with Rem .. (fwd)

Many thanks to Michael for pointing out the problem.

The original Vegas+REM code was developed under ns-2.1b6. One of the big
changes, which is also a very neat one, of later ns-2 packages is that now
access to header field needs to take the form of hdr_xxx::access(p), in
constrast in ns-2.1b6, it could be (hdr_cmn*)p->access(off_cmn_). That
caused the problem you experienced. I should state the ns-2 version
I used more explicitly, sorry about that.

OK, I used to be lazy to make updates, now this gave me the opportunity
to keep up with newer ns-2 versions.:)

I have corrected all the code, and also separated newvegas related stuff
from tcp.h into a standalone tcp-newvegas.h, hopefully that could make the
integration a bit easier. The only source file now you need to modify is
ns-default.tcl, where some default values of newvegas need to be provided.

If you go to
 http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~lmwang/ns-module/

You can find two directories: ns-2.1b6 for old implementation and
ns-2.1b7+ for ns-2.1b7 and later. In each directory, source and tcl-ex
subdir are kept, besides, there's also a tar file for downloading.
Having further questions, feel free to tell me.

Have a nice day!

thanks,
Limin