[ns] Strange gdb execution

Hi,

Even though this does not directly NS related, I was just wondering if
anyone came across this problem. I'm trying to single step thru' the C++
portion of an agent using gdb. Somehow gdb displays a pair of statements
before actually executing them. For eg. if you notice the value of maxx
below, even though gdb indicates that it executes the assignment statement,
the actual value of the variable changes the second time around!

502         maxx = mynode->T_->upperX();
(gdb) watch maxx
Watchpoint 22: this->maxx
(gdb) s
51              double  upperX() { return maxX * grid_resolution; }
(gdb) s
503         maxy = mynode->T_->upperY();
(gdb) s
502         maxx = mynode->T_->upperX();
(gdb) s
Watchpoint 22: this->maxx

Old value = 1.7570113996715999e-152
New value = 500
LRPAgent::startlrp (this=0x3ca270) at topography.h:53
53              double  upperY() { return maxY * grid_resolution; }
(gdb) s
505             printf("maxx : %f \t maxy : %f\n", maxx, maxy);
(gdb) s
503         maxy = mynode->T_->upperY();
(gdb) s

*Any* feedback will be highly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Sumesh Philip