[ns] Urgent - Reg node id!!

Hi all,

Can somebody please try to answer this question.

I have the following topology

 node0 ---- node1 ---- node2 ---- node3

HOw can I get the nodeid in c++. As the packet flows from the source to
the destination, I would like to know which node is servicing it, i.e. get
the nodeid like how the trace.cc does. I tried looking into trace.cc but I
am not able to understand how the trace function knows currently the
packet is between which two nodes.

I am not able to proceed with my work. can someone please tell me how to
get the nodeid from the c++ code at run time. I cannot use the trace file
in my code, so that option is ruled out. I have to therefore determine
between which two nodes the packet is currently present.

Please someone try to answer my question.
I will greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Archana