[ns] What's Next After Nmake ns-2?

Hi all,

After I have gotten the ns.exe file out from the nmake process, what do I have to do next? Do I have to run a make-install?

There are things such as setting path on environment variables, how do I go about doing this? Or would it suffice if I just cd to the correct directory containing ns.exe and run a tcl script?

I have actually tried one of the example scripts, but it appears that there is a "File Creation Error". Anyone has any idea how to resolve this?

Hope that someone can help this really novice user here. Thanks.