[ns] average end-to-end delay per packet

Hi
I am using L.Wood's awk script to calculate end to end delay of packet.
awk script given at:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/1999/msg02093.html

So can i assume the average end-to-end delay of a particular flow as =
(sum of delay experienced by each pkt making up the flow)/number of pkts.

Or if i am wrong, how can average end-to-end delay be calculated from
trace files and how can this be verified by hand? Say if i have a 1Mb
link and prop delay is 10ms and the average packet size is 500bytes.
Then delay = (500*8)/1Mb + 10ms = 0.014 sec or 14ms.

But using awk script and my assumption stated above i get different
results for average ene-to-end delay compared to above calculation.

Could someone tell me as to where i am committing a mistake?

-selvaraj